Monday, December 1, 2008

Apologetics and Aaden

What a ridiculously boring day. No classes for me today, so I basically hung out around the apartment watching youtube videos, playing some Madden 09 (totally whipped the Patriots btw, 72-17, in the Super Bowl no less...oh if only it were real life!), and reading The End of Reason.

I'm finding EOR (End of Reason) a very good read (and it's short too!). I fell in love with Ravi after I began reading his book The Real Face of Atheism and have wanted to read all his other books, but being that I am not an avid reader, it is taking me a while (I've only read Jesus Among other Gods and The Real Face of Atheism and now The End of Reason). I want to get I Isaac, Take Thee Rebecca and read through it with Amy because I just keep hearing really good things about it. Pretty much everything that I have seen or heard from Ravi has been stellar. The guy rocks. And the really cool thing is that he is getting me tuned into reading other people as well, like G. K. Chesterton. I am also liking the apologetics I am learning through reading Ravi's books. I want to defend my faith and my God and in order to do so takes a lot of reading and training, so that is what I am trying to do.

On to other things: continue praying for the Proffitt family. For those of you who don't know, the Proffitt's are the Pastoral leadership at my church, Aletheia, here in Harrisonburg. AP, our worship Pastor, and his wife Ashlee, our resident graphic designer and Creative Team Leader, lost their five week old baby boy named Aaden little more than two weeks ago.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll write a more focused blog one of these days.

No comments: